Saturday, February 20, 2010

Evea Louise Dunstan



Evea Louise made her appearance yesterday (Feb 19, 2009) at 1:20pm. We were scheduled for c-section on Monday, 2/22, but I got kinda sick (like flu-like symptoms) on Wed, with a fever and all. I was feeling pretty miserable, and my dr had told me earlier in the week we could move it up if we wanted. I called on Thurs morning and they checked and the hospital was full on Fri. But, we got a call in the afternoon and they had an opening, so....here we are! We got to spend Fri morning with Easton, have breakfast and hang out a bit. Then dropped him off at daycare around 11am and was to be at the hospital at 11:30. C-section was scheduled for 1:30pm, but the drs ended up being free sooner, so they sent us down the hall around 1pm and at 1:20pm our little Evea Louise arrived! Almost a full 2 lbs heavier than Easton was at birth, she weighed in at 7 lbs 8 oz. and was 20 inches long. (Easton was 5 lbs 10 oz and 20 2/3 in.)

Grammy Dene made it down shortly after we were brought back to our room. Sadly, there's a tight restriction on visitors, due to the flu and sickness of this past year. Understandable, but hard on a Momma missing her busy little guy. No kids under the age of 12, and only 2 visitors total your whole stay. Luckily, Easton was able to come to the lobby today, and we held Sissy up to the window so he could see her. And I was able to go out and have lunch in the lobby with him and Daddy. I'll be looking forward to his reaction when we bring her home!
Finally tonight I got some photos uploaded to Facebook. The link is below. Tomorrow I'll try to upload some more...probably to a new album, so I'll post that link then. But enjoy these for now!

3 comments:

betsyann said...

Felicidades!

She's adorable. Can't wait to give some kisses.

I'm glad you posted here too, since I'm off facebook for Lent. :)

easton's momma said...

Betsy, I'll try to keep the links update here, although I'll mostly post on FB since it's easier. But it's not cheating since I'm directing you there...right??? You don't technically have to sign in!

betsyann said...

I vote totally not cheating. And surely new family members are reasons for exemptions anyway.